Blue

Just when you think you're finally over it and that you're getting better, it hits you. You're not. The minute you relieve yourself, you walls come crashing down and you're back to being hurt again. You can't stop this feeling. You can only hang on and never look back. Keep going forward, you tell yourself. Don't look back. It only hurts to look back. Distract yourself. That's how you'll feel better.

I saw your girlfriend in the hallways. She gave the evil eye. That's why my phone screen broke. I was minding my own business on Thursday. Doing my part on main street. She passed by me 3 or 4 times. Staring at me evilly. Evil eye. I asked in my mind, "what do you want from me? I've gotten payback for anything wrong I've done. I suffered for three months over this. All that I've done wrong. What else can it be? You have the life I wanted. Yes, I'm jealous. But there's nothing I can do and I've accepted. I've done no wrong to you since then. I reached out once to perhaps restart our friendship. If you must hate me, do so freely and openly or don't hate me at all" That is all I have to say to you. But she kept staring at me hatefully.

That night, I dropped my phone. You see, I've dropped my phone many times. And the screen hasn't broken except for the time she's been there. The first time I dropped it on the road while crossing the street, she was there. She gave me the evil eye. It cracked on the corner. This time, an evil eye 3 times. I dropped it and the screen shattered to the point my phone is unusable. What is this kind of curse? How can you hate me so? How can you wish upon me so much evil and suffering? I've suffered enough. I've done no more wrong that what was done to me. I was cursed and broke my phone. I've home to a broken heart. My car is keyed and suffering as well. I've no job and I'm dependent on medication to keep me alive. What is there else that I must face? So help me god, I want to believe that there will be a time that I will not have so much bad luck but alas, what karma is this that I deserve? Have I done such bad? 

~C.

Comments

Popular Posts